Thursday 20 December 2012

Festive Fizz - Punch Recipe for Christmas and New Years Celebrations!

For as long as I can remember, no Christmas Day has been complete without the addition of a bit of punch. Year after year, my Mum would (and still does) wheel out her punch bowl that she received as an engagement gift all those years ago, ready to serve up punch for Christmas Day.
 
This love of punch has definitely been passed down to me, because not only am I partial to punch at Christmas time, but I will whip up a batch for birthday parties, BBQ's, trips to the races - any occasion really! I am often given the honour of 'chief punch maker' at peoples events and often asked for my recipe. So here it is, it is so simple and you can make it as boozy... or not.... as your heart desires.... I will leave that to you!
 
You'll Need:
  • 2 Litres of Lemonade
  • 1.25 Litres Dry Ginger Ale
  • 1 Litre of Fruit Juice - I love the Golden Circle tinned stuff
Optional but highly recommended:
  • A generous splash of vodka
  • 1-2 Cups of sliced fruit - I love fresh pineapple and strawberries
 
Method:
 
Simply mix everything together and serve!!
 
 
 
Serving Tip:
 
If you don't have a punch bowl, then don't go to the expense of an expensive punch set.
 
I love and use the Ikea Trygg bowls, which are a steal at $2.99 and a perfect size for a punch bowl.
Source: Ikea Australia
It works well to have two bowls, and make one boozy and one not - just make sure you label them and don't get the two confused after a few too many glasses of punch!
 
Just add a cheap soup ladle and you are done - hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

1 comment

  1. OMG, THANK YOU!

    My aunt used to make a punch just like this one, but I could never remember the quantities of the ingredients and never could recreate it. This is pretty darn close.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.