Call me lazy, but I detest recipes that involve creaming, sometimes it just seems too hard to get the mixmaster out - am I alone here?! Therefore melt and mix recipes are my friend, so easy and quick to whip up and not a set of beaters or Kitchen Aid in sight.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (and let's face it, anything with chocolate in it) are something that we cannot get enough of in our house. But until now, I make these very rarely due to the effort. That was why I was super excited when I stumbled across a melt and mix cookie recipe that was just too good not to share, especially with school going back in a few short weeks.
- 125g Butter
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (I used crunchy)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 3/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 3/4 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (see it is not all bad in this recipe!)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Combine butter and peanut butter in a saucepan until melted and combined. Pop in a large bowl until cooled down (approx 5 minutes)
- Add sugar and egg and stir until combined
- Sift flours over the top of mixture and add oats and chocolate bits and stir to combine
- Roll up in to balls (I made mine approx 1Tbs each ball) and flatten with fork or spatula slightly
- Bake at 180c for 10 - 12 minutes until golden
- Enjoy with a cuppa and your favourite mag - well we can all dream!!
- If using these for lunch-boxes, omit the peanut butter
- You could also add fruit such as sultanas or apricot pieces if you wish
- Just try and stop at one - I dare you!!