Friday 4 January 2013

My New Years Resolutions for 2013

Well 2012 is officially over, can you believe it?!

Do you like to write yourself a set of resolutions or goals for the New Year? Or do you just head in to the New Year full of energy and you find the act of writing or coming up with resolutions a waste of time?!
 
Last year was the first year that I haven't really thought about any resolutions or goals in a long time. Mainly because when the New Year rolled around, I was more focused on managing to survive on 3 hours of sleep with a baby only a few weeks old, rather than setting myself any goals or resolutions.
 
Here are a few that I am setting myself for 2013.....
 
1. Stop Biting my Nails!!
 
Yes it is disgusting and a very, very bad habit but I am a chronic nail biter. I have managed to kick the habit once or twice in my lifetime, but it has always been short lived. I truly hope that 2013 is the year that I can kick it for good, how I would love beautifully manicured fingers!!
 
2. Get Healthy!
 
I am not going to be setting myself a goal of loosing so many kilograms (although 3 would be nice!), instead 2013 is going to be around feeling and being much healthier.
 
I am in a pretty good exercise routine at the moment, I just need to focus on better and cleaner eating.
 
3. House Project Competition
 
In 2013 my major house projects will focus on Mr B.
 
Towards the middle or the end of 2013, I would like to transform Mr B's nursery (if you missed seeing this, you can read about it here) in to more of a little boys room and change the colour scheme too. I have many ideas around this, so it is probably going to take me the first half of the year to organise my inspiration and ideas!!
 
At the start of this year, I would like to work on a little playroom area that I have started for Mr B, but have not had time to finish it off. With Christmas and B's birthday so close, we have had a real toy injection in to our house that needs to be organised before it gets out of control.
 
These two projects are my main goals around the home for the year, though I am sure that there will be a few more creep in as the year progresses. I just cannot help myself!!!!
 
4. Continue Building my Events Business
 
For those of you that don't know, I also run an Event Hire and Styling Business in Melbourne that I started up in August this year. Since I stated this little venture, I have loved every single crazy minute of it.
 
I am just in the process of re-branding my business and building a website and I truly hope to have an even more successful year doing what I love in 2013.
 
So that's it, I am not being too hard on myself for the New Year just focusing on a few projects and overall being happy, healthy and very grateful for my life, friends and family.
 
What about you? What are your resolutions or goals for the New Year? I would love to hear what you are hoping to achieve this year.

4 comments

  1. Im with you on the redecorating the boys room and playroom. Ive started on storage ideas already for the multiple toys that seem to creep there way in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa,

      Happy New Year!! Cannot wait to see what you come up with too, hope you'll be sharing on your blog x

      Delete
  2. I'd like to tackle some of the living area, but it might be a busy year with the new baby. We'll see...

    Can't wait to see your little boys room and playroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for you Leanne, I am DYING To see your nursery to be x

      Delete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.