Thursday 27 March 2014

Major Changes at Our Place

When we purchased our humble abode all of 7 years ago, the plan was to live here until we had our first child and then look for something a wee bit bigger. But over the years (and countless renovations), not only have we become attached to the area we live in, but we have fallen in love with our home.
 
There has been a lot of blood sweat and tears over the years let me tell you! We have renovated every single room, painted every single surface and replaced nearly everything that was here when we moved in. We also extended the once small house to add on an extra living area and a small study nook (my little office) before the kidlets arrived.
 
Yup I have lived through a lot of this! Image Source: My place!!
Buy boy just when we thought we had done everything and had everything, kids came along... For those with bambinos of their own, you'll understand that you just have no idea just how much space you are going to need for all of the bells and whistles that come with kids - namely toys!!
 
So here we are all of 7 years later making plans for our next and final (it better be!!) extension. The plans are being drawn up as I type, and my nails are being bitten in anticipation of what is going to be a crazy few months once the work starts mid year.
 
So what's in store?

Well firstly we are extending our existing lounge area to incorporate a play area for the kids at the rear. I am imagining additional toy storage, large play/craft table and enough room to be able to set up larger play items such as a tepee and kitchen etc.
 
Next up, we are adding on an extra bedroom (it will be a 4th bedroom) to use as a study area for the kids down the track (and probably a dumping ground for now!)
 
We are also adding on a storage area/mudroom (only realised I needed this once I discovered Pinterest mind you!). This will run off our new entrance hall with new entry passage.

How is this for a mudroom/storage room?! Image Source: Pinterest
And finally I am fulfilling my lifelong dream of having a walk in closet (at the moment I have a walk through type scenario - not quite the same!). This part probably excites me the most, as right now I have a big double door wardrobe with two rails that is bursting at the seams. In addition to this I have a wardrobe full of shoes (you can read about this here) and another wardrobe with clothes all residing in our garage - cannot wait to organise everything inside again.
 
I wish!!! Image Source: Pinterest
This had better be it because I just don't think we could live through (or afford) another extension. It will be interesting to see how we survive this one with kids in the picture. Anyone done any major work with kids/babies? How did it go?
 
So that is it, hopefully we will be creating our complete dream home. What about you? Are there things that you wish that you could do differently at your place? What would you love to have? A dream closet? A craft room? Love to hear...
 
Have a dream renovation or extension of your own to plan? Why not see how Yes Loans can make your dreams come true.

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.