Monday 14 April 2014

Extension Plans and a Look at our Kitchen Renovation

Well around here it has been all systems go for our extension plans. Drawings are finalised, documents submitted to council, finance sorted and finalising the costs and schedule with the builder this week - yikes. Now the waiting and real fun begins! Meanwhile I am just counting down the days til that walk in robe is mine...
 
After my last post, I had a lovely reader contact me asking me if I would share some of the past renovation projects that we have done over the years. Unfortunately not all of our past renos have been well documented via pics, but I do have a few sneaky peeks of our kitchen renovations.
 
 
Don't you just love the styling in the before pic - masking tape, rotten banana and a glass of water?!!
 
Our kitchen was done 6 years ago now and I still love it today. Which is amazing in itself because I tend to be the type of person that as soon as a project is complete, I am a little 'over' the colour scheme, the design or I have renovators remorse (please tell me I am not the only one here?!). But I am pleased to say that this has stood the test of time. Which I more than I can say for the range hood in this picture - it sadly kicked the bucket last week - note to self not to buy Fisher & Paykel appliances again!!
 
Any major renos happening or happened in your neck of the woods? I would love to hear all about it.

3 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi John,

      To the left we have our fridge and we had a new cavity built to pop a microwave/oven in so we could have more bench space - worked brilliantly!

      Thanks for taking the time to read my blog :-)

      Delete
  2. Extension renovation that are not realistic then the architect, draftsman, builder or associated company is cutting costs somewhere or have either intentionally left something out. Pay a fair amount of money for the peace of mind that quality products and tradespeople will be used in the improvement of the home.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.