Friday 18 April 2014

Super Easy Honeycomb Ice Cream Slice Recipe

A few weeks ago I was on the lookout for a recipe to serve up to our friends that joined us for a night of take away at our place - I am definitely not ambitious enough to be cooking up a dinner party two months post baby!
 
These days I am lucky if I get 3 minutes to do anything without someone needing me for a feed, fresh nappy or to put the Wiggles on, so a super easy recipe it needed to be. I stumbled across this recipe with only 4 ingredients and very little preparation needed, so it looked like a winner!
 
One of my first jobs post university was at a well known ice cream manufacturers (true story). It was the best job and meant plenty (and I mean plenty) of free ice cream. To this day I am still a huge ice cream fan (Ben and Jerry's Fhish Food gets me every time!), so this slice was right up my alley and let's face it who doesn't love ice cream?!
 
Little Easter Note: If you have Easter Eggs laying about, you could forgo the honeycomb and crush up some of your Easter Eggs (caramel filled ones would be divine!). 
 

  • 250g Malt Biscuits (I used Arnotts Malt O Milk
  • 4 x 50g Violet Crumble or Crunchie Bars
  • 600ml Thickened Cream
  • 1 x 395g tin of Condensed Milk

1. Grease and line a lamington pan with baking paper (the original recipe calls for two pans, however I decided to use the one and make the slice a bit thicker)
 
2. Layer malt biscuits over the base of the prepared pan
 

3. With a Mixmaster, Kitchen Aid or Electric Beaters, whisk cream until soft peaks form
 
4. Pour condensed milk on top of cream mixture and continue to beat until firm
 
5. Crush 3 of the Honeycomb Bars and fold in to cream mixture (taking extreme care not to eat one!)
 
6. Pour cream mixture over the top of the biscuit base and smooth down. Crush remaining Honeycomb Bar and sprinkle over the top of the mixture
 
7. Pop in freezer until set (overnight is perfect if you can)

 
Sadly I forgot to take a photo once it was all cut up, but it was delicious!
 
I definitely recommend leaving out of the freezer for at least 5 minutes or more before serving, as I served mine immediately and it was a tad hard to get a spoon through.
 
Tried this recipe? Love to hear how you enjoyed it!
 

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.