Tuesday 23 September 2014

Clever Office Hacks: The Cheap DIY Recharge Station using Martha Stewart Range at Officeworks

{Post Bought to you in Conjunction with Officeworks}
 
I was recently asked by Officeworks if I would like to join in the little campaign they are running to convert your home study or office space in to 'amazing' without breaking the bank.
 
The idea is to take ordinary items and make them extraordinary with a bit of an 'office hack' makeover. Being a budget gal through and through, this sounded like just the project for me!!
 
The very first thing that I wanted to try and recreate on a budget was a 'recharge' station for all of the phone, ipod, camera and other gadgets that need charging. For the longest time I have wanted the Pottery Barn version, which I believe is no longer available.

Image Source
So my mission was to recreate my own version - on the cheap - and this is what I came up with...


 

What I used...

To create the station, I used:
 
1. Martha Stewart Drawer with Inbox
RRP $26.99
 
 
 
I reviewed the Martha Stewart range a few years ago, so I wanted to use the same gorgeous colour in my house and office. If you missed my review, you can still read it here.
 
This is also available in white if that is more your style!
 
2. HPM 4 Outlet Powerboard
RRP: $3.98
 

How to do it...

1. Remove the inner drawer of the unit and attach the powerboard to the back of the tray using electrical tape


2. Cut the back of the inner tray so that the extension cord can fit through using a sharp blade


3. Drill circular hole at wall of the outer unit, lining up with the cut that you made above for the plug


4. Plug points in
5. Pull cord out the back of the unit
6. If desired, screw in a book plate or a door latch plate (this is what we had laying about) with a shallow depth screw on the top of the unit

7. Drill inner latch hole around edge and cut out the rest using a sharp Stanley knife or blade
8. Push wires through hole
9. You are done!!
  

The results...

 
 
 


 
What do you think? 

No messy cords, all neat and organised and there is even room to utilise in your little drawer and the top of the unit too.
 
Best part of this is that you can have this in your office, family room or kitchen spaces and it looks great using this gorgeous little Martha Stewart unit.
 
Stay tuned as I am going to have a few more hacks that use an office staple that I bet you have laying around your desk drawer....

For more clever ideas be sure to check out the Office Hacks Pinterest board by Officeworks

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.