Wednesday 10 June 2015

The Very Best White Chocolate Mud Cupcake Recipe

{Post brought to you in conjunction with the stunning new Blush range from Maxwell & Williams}

There is absolutely no better treat than a fresh batch of cupcakes, mmm.... and I love the sheer decadence of a white chocolate mud cupcake in particular. They are perfect for a special occasion such as a birthday, Chrissie time, Easter or just because (which is my excuse a lot lately!).
 
Today I share my tried, true and tested recipe that you'll see me churning out year after year and birthday after birthday - it never fails to disappoint! Super, quick and easy too.
 
 
 
The below makes up 12 cupcakes, so feel free to double (or triple) as you need.
 

You'll Need...

  • 125g regular butter
  • 150g White Chocolate Cooking Chocolate (I love the Cadbury Dream stuff as you can tell)
  • 1 Cup Caster Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 1 Egg (lightly whisked)
  • 3/4 Cup Plain Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Self Raising Flour
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or extract if you have this laying around instead)
*Always a good idea to get two blocks of chockie for this recipe, because if you are anything like me, one always disappears before I get around to making!!


Method

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line your patty tins with cases
2. Whip out a saucepan (medium sized) and in it combine your butter, chocolate, sugar and milk
 
3. Cook over low heat (stirring constantly) for approx. 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and everything is nice and smooth.
4. Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl and allow to cool down slightly (5 minutes or so should do the trick)
5. Once mixture has cooled, whisk in egg
 
 
6. Sift the two flours over the chocolate mixture and whisk gently until just combined
 
 
7. Stir in the vanilla
 
 
8. Pour mixture in to prepared patty liners (muffin cases)
 
 
9. Bake for approx 25 - 30 minutes (check that they are done with the old skewer in the middle test)
 
 
 
Now these are absolutely yummo as they are (and my hubby loves them plain). But in my opinion, you cannot have a cupcake without frosting or ganache!! So once cool ice with frosting or ganache of your choice - a white chocolate ganache works a treat with these - this Cadbury recipe is always a winner at our place.
 
Enjoy!!
 

Little Note: For Christmas time, I top mine with a Jaffa and some mint leaves and at Easter with some mini Easter eggs - super cute and super yummy too!




I was fortunate enough to be sent this stunning stand from the Maxwell & Williams Blush Range - talk about LOVE! I opted for the 'blue' colour, which as you can see is in my absolute favourite colour - a soft mint/blue. It also comes in a classic pink and white - but you know I cannot go past anything in my signature colour.
 
The stand retails for $69.95 and I am sure will be wheeled out year after year for birthdays and special occasions alike.



I love to keep my pretties out on display, so have found that this doubles up as the most beautiful little fruit stand too - what do you think?! Too pretty to pop her away in the cupboard isn't she?!


 

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.