Thursday 17 September 2015

Miss C's Pink, Grey and White Polka Dot Nursery

Well this post has been a long time in the making, because Miss C is now 19 months (can you believe it?!). But here I am finally revealing the nursery space that I created for our little lady.
 
When I first set out to design the nursery (while pregnant), I was pretty sure that I was designing it for a baby boy. So the walls featured large, dark grey polka dots that were going to be paired with navy and pale blue once my suspicions around gender were confirmed (or not in my case!). I had the entire nursery mapped out for a boy and a shopping list with linen, accessories and the works all ready to go - but not a single thing in mind for a girl!
 
Almost as soon as I had been told I had a girl, my mind went in to overdrive about the sort of nursery that I wanted to create (right there in the recovery room!) for our Miss C. I wanted something that was light and bright, clean, pretty, fresh and a little bit traditional looking... oh and did I mention on a little bit of a budget too!  
 
 
Well the first thing I did from the hospital bed (yes seriously) was order more Polka Dots for the wall - I changed the large, dark grey for a smaller and softer grey. Yes it did almost end in divorce (hubby had spent hours on the original set), but it was worth it when they were complete.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am super conservative about colour (and prone to changing my mind), so our whole house is painted with Whisper White paint as a result. I find it much easier to inject 'colour' in to a room via soft furnishings and accessories, so that I can easily chop and change colour schemes without the headache of repainting a room.
 
 
The polka dot vinyl decals are also a brilliant way to decorate without the commitment of painting. These ones can be easily removed and changed (without damage) once I do get sick of them, but they were definitely a challenge to get perfect and aligned on the wall (yes I am OCD!).

 

 



Of course now that Mr T is here, we have converted Miss C's nursery in a bit more of  a toddler space complete with a bed a few other modifications - cannot wait to share this (and Mr T's nursery that I am madly working away on!) with you soon. Til then stay tuned for some of the stockist and other details on the room...

If you have any questions that you want me to answer on the room or anything featured in it, please feel free to comment below or contact me and I will pop these in the post too!

UPDATE: You can access the post with the stockist information right here

Thanks again to Little One Magazine for featuring this room in their current magazine - yay!!


 

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.