Monday 7 January 2013

Brodie's Elephant Themed 1st Birthday Party

Well in the craziness that was Christmas and December in general, I just realised that I haven't had a chance to blog about Mr B's 1st birthday party. It was such a special day, so it would be remiss of me not to share it with you all....
 
 
The Theme

I decided pretty early on in the piece that I wanted to use elephants as the theme for Mr B's birthday party, as I wanted to stick with something 'cute' while I could. I know full well that in a few short years that it will be all about trucks, dinosaurs and other 'boyish' themes so this year we had the Peter Rabbit christening and the Elephant 1st birthday.
 
I was so fortunate that Karen from Be Design Solutions was just brilliant when it came to designing the printed material. I simply gave her a few ideas on designs that I liked, set the colour scheme of white, aqua and red and away she went and the results were just divine....
 
 
  
 
What we Ate
 
As Candy and Dessert Buffets is what I do, I couldn't resist having a Dessert buffet for the Event.

 
I tried not to go too overboard with the lollies and stuck to just a few jars with some of our favourites - all matching the colour scheme of course!


One of the best things that I decided to do for the party was not make the cake!! I had such a strong feeling that in the lead up to the Event I would be busy with other Events for clients. This proved to be a very wise decision in the end as I took on a last minute client event that fell on the same day!!
 
I engaged the services of the truly amazing Lick the Bowl who created an absolute cake masterpiece that matched the printed design to a tee.

 


Lick the Bowl also created the amazing Cake Pops, Cookies and Push Pops all to match.


One of the biggest talking points of the day were the divine macarons from Bespoke Occasions.
 
Even though I did have some help from some fabulous suppliers, I did have to pull the apron out and whip up a few things myself. Instead of the traditional 'frog in the pond', I made elephant in the swamp' and did a two layer jelly with chocolate elephants that I made.

 
I also made my favourite (and super easy) chocolate mousse recipe and whipped up some dips with my trusty Thermomix.


There were other treats such as teddy racing cars (not as easy to make as they look!!), popcorn, fruit kebabs, personalised chocolate bars and a cheese platter.



What we Drank

On a second table, I set up my drink dispensers with my fruit punch recipe and a little water in the other one.


I also had Juice drinks that were covered in stickers in the matching printed material.


What we Did

Apart from eat, I set up a few little activities to keep the kidlets amused. I set up trestle tables so that the kids could colour in and do join the dots on elephant themed sheets of paper (that I downloaded from the internet). This was such a simple and cheap activity, but the kids absolutely loved it.


 
We also set up a small jumping castle that we received as a gift (it was an absolute disaster as we pierced it right before our first guest arrived and seemed to spend most of the party trying to repeatedly repair it!). We also set up play tents and tunnels too.

 
The Day

The day was forecast to rain, so I was a bit worried about setting everything up outside. Despite the forecast, it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day and the birthday boy and his guests all seemed to enjoy the day.

 
I am a little bit sad that my little man is already one, as I know this year is going to fly by just as quick as the first year did. It is time almost to get planning for the 2nd birthday party - which I might add is not going to be quite as big as this one... famous last words!!!

 
 
Once again a BIG thank you to Be Design Solutions, Lick the Bowl, Bespoke Occasions and also Haven Lifestyle Photography for the simply amazing images of the day.

If you are in Melbourne and would like me to give you a hand planning your own party masterpiece, please contact me or feel free to follow my Events Facebook page - I would love to help you out!!

5 comments

  1. Beautiful party Allison.

    One question, where did you get your mousse pots from? They are adorable and I would love to get my hands on some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much April. You can purchase from most online party shops such as Little Dance Invitations (link on my sidebar).

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great day was had! He is a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.